Friday, April 24, 2009

First Sprouts of Spring!

I went out to take a few pictures of my garden and saw that my lettuce had sprouted. The lettuce picture looks a little bit blurry, but you have the idea of what it looks like. I planted some garlic this spring, and they sprouted too. Also, my family has been enjoying the spring onions I planted last fall. I also planted spinach, carrots, and peas. The spinach has not sprouted yet and neither has the carrots. I am also hoping that the peas will grow after our family cat, Maggie, dug in their row. (I do not know why she had to dig RIGHT there, but Maggie must have decided that I should have one failure to write about. :) I did find some of the unfortunate pea seeds around. I will have to post a picture of Kathie, our black lab, and Maggie in the future, so you know what they look like.)

2 comments:

  1. In late Feb/early March, we have spring onions growing wild along the ditch. My kids picked a ton of them for me and I froze them. I don't know why cats want to dig where they are not wanted! Mine did the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know about your blog! What a lovely thing to be doing for your family. I am going to let my readers know about it. :)

    ReplyDelete