Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The New Raised Bed Gardens

On Saturday, Daddy and Ben finished my 2 new gardens. They borrowed Grammy's tiller to help get the soil ready. We got the soil from the dry pond in the field next to us. The soil was clumpy from being wet earlier, so Momma went to Tractor Supply and got peat moss. We also added some lime that we had in the shed. The tilling worked great, and they got all the clumps out! The gardens are ready to be planted in which is wonderful! Now, I am waiting for the last spring frost, which is around Mother's Day, to plant my summer vegetables.

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful beds! I can see your grass is greening up and the trees are out-- you must be at least two weeks ahead of us! Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I'm sure you are glad to see the new beds coming along. Your dad and Ben have done a good job.

    I'm going to have to check on my feed reader, because it didn't tell me about your 3 newest posts until just now. Don't want to miss anything!:)

    ReplyDelete