Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Gutter Gardening!

Momma and I were looking at Mrs. Edmond's website and saw that she had posted on gutter gardening. Gutter gardening is not really in a gutter on a roof, but it is done in plastic gutters so that you can place them on the side of the house. The idea started in Alaska where a lady had really wanted a garden. You can read her story here. Gutter gardens can also be put along a porch railing etc. I thought that it was a neat idea. It can also be used when you have poor soil, or when you do not have room for a garden.

While I am talking about Alaska, I would like to update a post that I made earlier on Little Tait who also lives in Alaska. As of yesterday, they had $29,268. They still need money for his medical bills. I think that it is exciting how the LORD has been providing for them. See Little Tait's story here.

5 comments:

  1. Anna, that is very interesting! My parents live a very rocky terrain and gardening can become a chore. I think my mother would love this idea!
    Keep up the great posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! It even beautifies the side of the house! I wish we had a porch rail to try this out!

    Thanks for all the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post and the link to Little Tait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for posting about Little Tait! We all appreciate it very much!
    God bless!
    ~Little Tait's Aunt Esther =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ms. Zimmerman,

    I am glad that I can help a little bit by posting on my blog about Little Tait. I am going to be posting on him again today (May 21) with an update from the email Mr. Zimmerman sent us.

    I can't wait to see how much the LORD will provide for his bills!

    ReplyDelete