Friday, May 8, 2009

Seeds in the Ground!

Last Saturday, Daddy and I planted some things in my garden. Daddy made the rows, while I planted. I planted cucumbers, squash, leeks, spinach, lettuce, peas and bush beans. I planted two types of cucumbers, Poinsette 76 and regular hybrid cucumbers. The squash seeds are older, but they hopefully will still work.

I have not filled the whole garden up yet, but I am going to get some plants at the greenhouse next week. I will get some buttercrunch lettuce, which we greatly enjoyed last year. I also will be getting some tomato, pepper and parsley plants. When I get the plants, I will also plant radishes and onions. I would have already planted the radishes and the onions, but I would like to get the plants from the greenhouse first.
I added the "blueprint" of the garden so you can see where I planted everything. The circles are hills, the lines are rows and the square is the herbs. I will update the garden blueprint in a future post.

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!

    I love the blueprints.:)

    You'll have to post about the progress of your squash and cucumbers as they grow--I have always planted those as transplants, but I hear that cukes at least are usually best planted as seeds (is that how you did the great cucumbers last season?).

    We also plan to go by the greenhouse sometime very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blueprint---I have one too and refer to it often. I love, love, love gardening!

    Many blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a garden. It hasn't done very well this spring because of the drought. Luckily for me the carrots are doing fine. I love carrots!!! We have 3 garden beds just like you. Is your garden doing well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. bigcatcentral,

    My garden is doing very well. We went to the greenhouse yesterday. What did you plant other than carrots?

    Thank you for commenting.

    ReplyDelete