Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday Mystery in the Flower Garden


Today, Momma and I noticed that a beautiful flower had bloomed in the corner flower bed. We did not know what it was, so I decided to see if any of my readers might know what this pink flower is.

Here are some guesses and clues that Momma and I came up with. Unfortunately, our guesses did not produce answers.
  1. It might be one of the flowers that Grammie gave us last year with some irises.
  2. The plant could be a wildflower, since we planted some seeds in that spot a few years ago before the irises.
  3. It also could be from a seed that a bird dropped. We have a lot of birds come to our yard.
  4. Our flower is 1½ feet tall.
  5. The flowers are somewhat like that of the petunia and the morning glory. (We had morning glories there many years ago...)
  6. The leaves are narrow and jagged.
Can you help solve our mystery? Please comment if you can help us identify this plant!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Anna,

    Your mystery flower looks like a pink evening primrose (http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/67619/). I have the same flower in my front bed--very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jeannine from Pittsburgh!

    Thank you for giving me your opinion. I looked at the link that you had in the comment, and I think that you are correct!! I think that it was from Grammie...Momma and I thought that she had said something about a Mexican plant of some sort. (Your link also called it a Mexican Evening Primrose.)

    Thank you for commenting. I believe that our mystery is solved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful! I had no guess, but I love the picture.

    ReplyDelete