Friday, July 10, 2009

Harvest from the Garden

I have been getting a lot of produce from the garden. The whole garden is filled up except in two places where onions had been. Most plants are picky about following after onions. I will get it ready for a later planting this fall. The garden blueprint is placed above to show where everything is growing.

Here is a list of the produce that I have gotten from the garden:
  • carrots
  • red leaf, green leaf and head lettuce
  • spinach
  • peas
  • green beans
  • cabbage
  • onions
  • radishes
  • cucumbers
  • herbs
Yesterday, Momma cut some cabbage. If you remember, I had been having some trouble with some caterpillars eating my cabbage. So, when Momma cut the cabbage, she found one under a leaf! It was exterminated after some pictures. Hopefully, that was the one and only culprit.

4 comments:

  1. The produce looks nice (even with a caterpillar).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I have never been able to raise head lettuce! I am impressed with your veggies-- hope they are as yummy as they look! What a wonderful granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Margaret

    http://howtomakecompost.info

    ReplyDelete