Monday, July 6, 2009

My First Blog Award!

Yesterday, Ms. Charlotte over at Canning Jars etc. nominated me to receive the Kreativ Blogger award. I was touched that Ms. Charlotte would pick me. I love Canning Jars etc. because I am just learning to can, and she kindly answers all of my questions. She even encourages me on my own blog! Thank you, Ms. Charlotte for giving me my first blog award!
In order to accept this award, I have to write 7 things that are interesting about myself.
  1. I enjoy reading old and out of print books. (One of my favorite sites is Olde-Books.)
  2. I play the piano, and I will teach myself the ocarina. The ocarina is like a flute.
  3. I record silly songs with my brother that we make up. Ben and I call it "BenAnna Radio".
  4. I love animals, especially Kathie, our black lab, and Maggie, our black cat.
  5. I have a pet hermit crab named Rosie. Rosie is 1 1/2 years old, which is quite old for a hermit crab.
  6. I like to scare my brother and listen to him scream especially now that his voice has changed! :)
  7. I enjoy camping with my family and our dog in Virginia State Parks.
These are the blogs that I nominate to win the award:
  • The Girotti family at Mountain Musings. They are great friends, and have a very unique blog. Mrs. Girotti always felt that somebody in our family needed to have a blog, so I took the challenge.
  • The Castleberrys at Farming Wisconsin. They blog about their homestead life on their family farm. I also love reading their books.
  • Mrs. Brodock at Teaching Good Things. I have enjoyed her garden challenge, and I appreciate her thoughts and encouragement.
  • Mrs. Bettie Need at Titus 2 Joy. I love her godly encouragement as a young girl! She also is my adopted Grammie.
  • The Servens at The Serven Clan. They blog about their life as a family. I enjoy listening to their CD's. We are learning to sing parts at church using their CD's.
  • Mrs. Murphy at Linda's Contemplations. She has some great thoughts and some wonderful stories. One of my favorite stories is Sammy, our new dog.
  • Granny Miller. She has stopped blogging, but she has left her blog on the internet. I still enjoy reading about her agrarian life. She always took time to answer my questions.
To accept the Kreativ Bloggers award, do the following:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
  2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
  3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
  4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
  5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
  6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
  7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
Thanks to everyone who visits my blog! I enjoy learning about gardening for my family!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anna! Thank you so much for giving us a Kreativ Blogger Award! We are very honored! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you do a good job taking care of Rosie.

    ReplyDelete